Its a beautiful day, a bit breezy but who cares. The sun is out and its warm. The washing's on the line and the beds are stripped. I've got it in my mind to cut the grass but the very thought of dodging and removing cat shit really isn't encouraging me.
Cats are a real problem around here, every other household seem to have at least one. They shit on the lawn, in the flower bed and even in the road. Nath came in last night to say a cat was having a shit in the road and as he walked along he got a huge waft of warm stinking poo. Anyway, if anyone knows of a good deterrent let me know.
I've been really slack on here of late, work has taken over my life somewhat. Although I only work part time I seem to always be there. Private work in the evenings take up a lot of time so have decided to take a month or two off from that, the moneys nice but so is time at home. Its really pissed Sister off though as several have made the same decision leaving her short of staff to cover the lists. This is what happens when you don't give a shit about your workforce.
I seemed to have turned in to a bit of a bookworm of late so have decided to buy myself a Kindle. I'm beginning to run out of room in my bookcase so thought this might be the answer, plus books are cheaper to download.
Yesterday, I decided to sit on the seafront and eat my lunch. I parked up in the first available space which happened to be the first regular space after the disabled parking. Well! You'd think I'd committed the crime of the century. A woman sat on the sea wall with her grandson kept staring at me as did the person in the car next to me. I'm sure they thought I was parked in a disable space. I found myself actually willing them to come and have a word. Pathetic I know!
Next week is the second meeting of the Devon Clandestine Cake Club. The venue is yet to be revealed but I do know its in Totnes somewhere. The theme is Bohemian Baking so have opted for Courgette Cake. Have made it twice now and is rather good so hopefully it'll go down well. As the event is fully booked I'd better take a big box with me so I can bring home lots of samples. Would be rude not too.

No comments:
Post a Comment