Last April I decided to go back to full time work, we needed the money and I really didn't need to be part time anymore. I do miss it though. I seem to spend my entire life at work now and really have to plan ahead to fit everything in. Not only did I change my work pattern but I also decided to change my job. A huge thing for me a I don't do change. I hate it. Things had become so bad at work both on a professional and personal level that I felt I couldn't stay in that role anymore. I'm not going to go on about it, I know I've become bitter where that's all concerned but I've moved on and slowly become a lot more happier.
So back in September I joined Obs & Gynae. Back where I started all those years ago. Away from anaesthetics and into scrub. It's been a massive learning curve. And I'm still learning now. My confidence is better and in two weeks time I get my "on call" wings. I love women's health, my interests have always laid there, I know I'll probably finish my working life there, and I know I'll never get to the standard that some of my colleagues are at but at least I'm happy in my work right now.
What else can I tell you? I bought a new car. A brand new car. First time I have ever owned a brand new car. The Zafira was getting old and needed to much work doing to it, plus it was getting expensive to actually keep on the road. I now have a rather fab Corsa. A lot smaller in every way, but it suits me just fine. I've no need for a big car anymore. Gets me to where I need to be and that's all that matters. We've even had some adventures. I've been to Liverpool a couple of times, Alton Towers, Bournemouth. For along time I've been dubious when it came to sat nav. I'd really not used it before and found printing off a route just as easy, but recently I was a passenger in a car with sat nav and was so impressed that I went out and bought one. Welcome to the 21st century!!! Came in really useful when we went to Bournemouth and will put it to the test next month when we hit Alton Towers again.
I'm sure a lot of things have happened over the months. I just can't remember. It's all a blur. Oh we have been to see McBusted twice, me and Katy.
I really want to try and keep this blog going. I have ideas and things to talk about. Maybe I should make a note of them. My memory isn't what it used to be. Getting old…that's a whole new post…knocking on number 50's door.
No comments:
Post a Comment