Firstly I'd like to say it's been a joyous week at work, no Sister or Fantouche to cause chaos and generally piss people off. Mind you the week isn't over yet as I'm on call tomorrow. Please let it be a quiet one.
I am rather enjoying these two day weeks, even if it does leave me confused as to what day it is. Back to work on Tuesday for week 7 of anaesthetics. We have new members of staff who actually think I have no idea of how to scrub, and at this rate they may well be right.
Enough of the joys of work. Bin Men! After much confusion and debate, the bin men turned up yesterday morning. As I settled down to watch the Royal Wedding the landfill wagon stopped outside my front window. This week was a full collection, Landfill, recycling and food. So outside I had my food bin, landfill sack and a bag full of plastic bottles etc for recycling. I didn't bother with my green box this week as it wasn't too full. Now, I'm never usually home when they collect so had no real idea of what goes on. To my horror I watched the bin men throw my separated recycling into the back of the wagon. WHY!!!!! 20 minutes later the recycling wagon comes along, no recycling. The council are so going to get a complaint on Tuesday. I have to separate all our waste and then every Thursday drag the whole lot out to the front of the house for collection as they refuse to collect from the back service lane. It's a royal pain in the arse, and now this. I'm so pissed off, the local paper is going to get a letter too.
So as you can imagine, the bin episode has spoilt my viewing of the Royal Wedding. I wanted to watch in a calm and serene manner. Ha! I did manage to calm down briefly and enjoy the whole spectacle. I'd spent all week avoiding TV and papers so I wouldn't be sick of it. What a lovely wedding, every single bit of it. Shame we didn't have a street party, bin men would've ruined it anyway. I just hope the media allow William and Kate the space and privacy they deserve and allow them to get on with their day to day lives.
Now, I've been going to Weight Watchers since January and have lost around 18lbs. Not anymore, after two weeks of binge eating I've managed to put 3lb back on. Why have I done this to myself? Sheer laziness is the biggest cause. Can't be bothered to cook so lets have takeaway. I had a Chinese last night, didn't want it, didn't enjoy it, didn't eat it. What a bloody waste. Is total madness. I've been eating for the sake of eating, not even tasting or enjoying it most of the time. I likened it to being an alcoholic and having a drink after being on the wagon for a while. Not good. The house is now clear of crap and Easter goodies, so back to tracking and getting focused. I'm so sick of being like this, I was feeling better and looking better. So my goal is 7lb off by my birthday. Should be easy, I want to buy a dress this summer, something I haven't owned in a very long time.
Fianally, Katy had her hair cut short today. She's had it long for quite a while now which was fine, the problem was her ridiculous fringe. It was a case of a short bob to incorporate the fringe or the lot goes. Off it came and its so much better. Only problem is, Nath's mates will call her Kevin.
No comments:
Post a Comment