Sunday, 7 October 2012

It's been a long time...Oh and Pillows!

How bad am I?  Have totally neglected my blog for months.  Not being able to get near the computer might have something to do with it.  Kids!!!  Well I'd like to say I've had a full on summer with lots of adventures and excitement, but sadly no. 

We did manage two camping trips again this year.  Jubilee week in Perranporth and then a week down in Nancledra later on.  Jubilee week was a washout with us coming home early.  I'm sure the tent would have been fine but its no fun riding out a storm under canvas.  It didn't put us off though and we ended up having the best week of the summer back in July. It actually felt like we'd been on holiday instead of always having to dodge rain and find things to do.  I'm quite happy to lie on a deserted beach all day.  We even managed to go swimming in the sea.  I haven't done that for years. 

Life has been good of late, stress free and ticking along nicely.  I've even had an unexpected surprise, one of those things where its been sat under your nose for ages and you just didn't realise it.  I'm saying no more as it wouldn't be fair, but its all good.

Now, I need to mention pillows.  Pillows have been giving me problems or should I say sleepless nights of late.  I recently threw out my old and faithful pillow, it just wasn't doing it for me anymore so had to go.  So now I need a new one.  Where do I start?  How will I know if the pillow I choose is the right one?  This could end up an expensive exercise.  It's not as if you can try them out is it!  I like a feather pillow, you can squish it about and get it just how you like it but they're not cheap for a really good one. Fibre filled can go and do one, yes you can wash them but this business of them keeping their shape and bouncing back is absolute tosh.  They go lumpy...end of!  As for memory foam, fine as a mattress or topper but a pillow?  No!  I have a shaped thing to help with my neck and shoulder, but sleeping on it is another story...impossible.  So what do I do?  All I want is a nice comfy pillow that won't cripple me or keep me up all night.  Any suggestions?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment